Request a Business Tax Payment Plan

How to Pay Your Business Tax Balance Due

If you are unable to pay the full amount of tax due, you should file your Nebraska tax return and pay as much as you can by the filing date. Interest will accrue on any unpaid balance until it is fully paid.

If you are in this situation and have questions about paying your taxes by any of the options below, please contact Taxpayer Assistance at 800-742-7474 (NE and IA), or 402-471-5729 and speak with a representative who will explain the payment options available to you. It is your responsibility to contact us if you can't pay your taxes. If you have been contacted by a Revenue Agent, be sure to make arrangements to pay that individual.

Any other tax returns that become due during the course of this payment agreement must be filed on time and paid in full separate from the terms of this agreement.


You have three options if you can't pay all your tax when you file your tax return:

  1. Pay Entire Amount
    • E-pay 
    • Credit Card
      • The Jurisdiction Code is 3700. You may also call 800‑272‑9829. A convenience fee of 2.35% ($1 minimum) of the payment will be charged by Official Payments. This will appear on your credit card statement as a separate transaction.
    • Paper Check or Money Order
      • Mail full payment with a notice you received from the Department.
  2. Pay Entire Amount Within 90 Days — Make four equal payments using one of the methods below 
  3. Pay Entire Amount in More than 90 Days, Up to a Maximum of 24 Months


Ways to Avoid a Balance Due in the Future

Back to Top