EFT Debit Procedures
To ensure successful completion of your EFT tax payments, follow the steps below.
If you have selected EFT Debit as your payment method:
- Determine the data fields you must report on the preprinted tax return for the tax you are paying. This includes your Nebraska ID number, your tax type, and the tax period for which you are reporting. Carefully review the instructions shown in your E-pay User Guide for the type of tax you are paying. This will familiarize you with what is needed and how it works.
- Determine the date you want your payment to transact (scheduled payment date), and the amount you will be paying.
- Record your scheduled payment date and amount.
- Keep record of what your E-pay system password is. If you have never used the E-pay system, the first time you access it, your password will be your Nebraska State ID Number (or your social security number if paying individual income tax). You will be able to change it once you are into the system.
If you are initiating your EFT Debit payment using the Internet:
- Click on the "Make Payment" button to use the EFT Debit Internet payment option. You will be presented with a series of payment entry screens where you can enter your payment information.
If you are initiating your ACH Debit payment using the telephone:
- Use the Tele-pay system calling instructions shown in your Tele-pay User Guide for the type of tax you are paying. You can choose to use either the touchtone entry method, or you can report these figures directly to an operator. Select the instructions that correspond to your choice, and place your call.
- When your call is answered, record the operator name and extension number if you decide to use the operator-assisted option. Reference this operator number when contacting the Department with any questions or complaints about service. Enter (or report) your payment information. Operator-assisted service is available between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Central Time.
For all methods:
- You must initiate your payment prior to 5:00 p.m. Central Time on the due date to ensure your payment is timely.
- When you have completed the payment process, record your reference number provided to you by the e-pay system. This is your receipt of payment.