How do I claim the Microenterprise Tax Credit on my individual income tax return?
If Part 2 of your Microenterprise Tax Credit Application shows you have been approved for this credit, then:
- Enter the credit amount on the Nebraska Incentives Credit Computation, Form 3800N.
- Enter line 1b, Form 3800N, on the appropriate line of your Form 1040N, Nebraska Individual Income Tax Return.
- Attach the following to Form 1040N when filed:
- Form 3800N, Worksheet M, Nebraska Advantage Microenterprise Tax Credit Act Claim;
- All documentation required on Form 3800N, Worksheet M; and
- Form 3800N.
A Nebraska Individual Income Tax Return, Form 1040N, claiming microenterprise credits is encouraged to be filed electronically. Required supporting documentation may be submitted as an attached PDF document when e-filing your return if your software supports these types of attachments. If the supporting documentation is not received with the return, the Department may request the required documentation during the processing of your return.
If you have any questions regarding how to properly file the required documentation with your individual income tax return, please contact Taxpayer Assistance at 800-742-7474 (NE and IA), or 402-471-5729.
If you have other questions on the Microenterprise Tax Credit Act, please contact Julie Burcham at 402-471-5827.