2017 CPE Course #17-16 — 3 Hours of CPE Credit
This seminar will benefit officers and members of all organizations and retailers who make sales to entities that have received a nonprofit designation (501C) from the IRS. It will also be helpful for tax preparers who work for these entities. Topics covered will include:
There will be time for attendees ask questions and get answers.
- Exempt status for federal income tax purposes vs. exempt status for Nebraska and local sales tax purposes;
- Sales and use tax consequences for purchases made by exempt entities and their members;
- Donations to exempt entities;
- Sales made by exempt organizations, including auctions; and
- Special events and fundraisers.